Summary: Sell products and services of Sage Pump Services; maintain existing clients, and develop and sell to new clients; meet quarterly sales quotas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Compile lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources
- Travel throughout assigned territory and call on existing and prospective clients to solicit business.
- Strategize and utilize the phone, mailings, and other resources to canvas, and attract new business.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Schedule client introductions, on-site tours, and meetings; prepare presentations, proposals, and bid specifications to strategically win new business.
- Prepare reports of business transactions and keep expense accounts; enter new client data and other sales data for current clients into computer database
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with client contacts.
- Investigate and resolve client complaints and problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
Analytical – Collect and research data; Use intuition and experience to complement data
Client Service – Respond promptly to client needs; Solicit client feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
Interpersonal – Maintain confidentiality; Listen to others without interrupting.
Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; Respond well to questions; group presentation skills; Participate in meetings. Write clearly and informatively; Vary writing style to meet needs; read and interpret written information
Business Acumen – Display orientation to profitability; Demonstrate knowledge of market and competition; Align work with strategic goals
Diversity – Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promote a harassment-free environment
Ethics – Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity and ethically; Uphold organizational values Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures; Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; Support the organization’s goals and values
Adaptability – Adapt to changes in the work environment; Manage competing demands; Change approach or method to best fit the situation; deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
Motivation – Set and achieve challenging goals; Demonstrate persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measure self against standard of excellence; Take calculated risks to accomplish goals
Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner; React well under pressure; Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accept responsibility for own actions; Follow through on commitments
Safety and Security – Observe safety and security procedures; Determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; Report potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelors Degree in business or marketing or industry-specific experience.
Language – Demonstrated ability to:
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public
Math – Demonstrated ability to:
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Reasoning – Demonstrated ability to:
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, and Internet software; order processing systems (Quick Books), Contact Management systems, and email.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Required travel will result in the employee spending a substantial amount of time in a motor vehicle
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and sit; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.